Skylar reminded me about Polanski a couple days ago when I was too __ all up in there to watch anything. Once I remembered halfway into the morning I dammed up the warmest corner of the room today with throws to watch his master work again. Give Adrien Brody the chance to make you sting and thrill (in different places) and he will.
Anyway, for lack of...um, any remnant of critical thought ability I'm going to do a notcot and plug some lifestyle pick-me-ups.
1 movie you should watch this year: The Go-Getter (watch, or rather, listen for Zooey Deschanel in particular)
and since we're on Zooey Deschanel, 1 issue of Nylon you should read: the one with the cover feature on her rockin' the Chloe dress...I think it was Chloe. And I think it was last month's, or the one the month before.
A few breakout lines you should be watching (fall'08/spring'09): Slow & Steady Wins the Race, Vena Cava, VPL, Shades of Greige. Very unfettered; it seems like no one's trying too hard these few seasons.
T-shirts you are allowed to blow more than the requisite amount on: anything Oak, or from Free City's Artists Wanted line
1 distinction you should be able to make: houndstooth | checks | ikat. Come on.
A band you shouldn't give up on yet: Husky Rescue. Wait for it...wait for it...
Splurge on: neck candy. Short, iconic, statement. Ditch the charm-on-long-chain - it's not getting old, it's been on its deathbed for at least a year coming. I won't even mention dog tags.
1 footwear suggestion: oxfords abound, so give your Chucks a rest, for Chrissake. If you must, there's f-troupe, YMC, PAM...
Good spandex: Brian Lichtenberg, AA.
1 workspace to run your eyeball's fingers over: Alexander Wang, hel-lo.
The erratic cold's coming but we clipped our own wings so we can sit on doorsteps/fire escapes with joints too sticky and Camels too dry. This, while the people I would like to have in the same state but are instead on the same continent as I am are all, incidentally, pounding cement in places where the weather is more predictable. To Alex in Wisconsin, Skylar back at Interlochen, ZJ in the only city that doesn't need introduction, Dave in the Desert, Bert & Liz & the Dings & crew in SoCal, Alina in Texas, Eddie in Boston, the Trishes in Boston, Melissa in Chicago, Steven in Lincoln.
And Kimillionaire in transition for seven hundred and fifty three years and six hundred more. I'd have charted the route with pushpins but those ran out so now I'm using Sharpie x's.
Better watch your soul, it'll leave you like a hundred bucks
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home