Snaps for Focus The Nation and Sustainable Earth! Yay for that good ol' organic feeling. I hope people keep their buttons...and no one is mean and kicks the stakes out of the ground. But still, possible disasters notwithstanding, snaps snaps snaps. There is good yet in the folksy-hippie East coast to balance off all the inherent evils. I decided this over my morning chazz. Yes, chazz, smartasses. Dean who works at the Kiva Han's on Craig is my newfound friend, we bonded over the fact that this semester I am in there twice a day (which is about twice as much as in spring) and he's there, well, all day (waiting for term to start at Carlow). And okay yeah also maybe possibly because I order the same thing every day twice a day with the string of specifications in the same sequence. Yeah, okay, har-dee-har har. So anyhow we mutually shortened it to chazz which is really an inspired short take on "chai" with all my neurotic instructions that basically amount to "all that jazz". I'm working on downing no espressos this fall. I figured if I'm going to coddle this caffeine dependency then at least I can attempt some semblance of decency by sipping it over a respectable period of time rather than downing it with such...palpable desperation. So it all works out. I wake up fifteen minutes earlier, I sit at the counter with the hole chopped in the middle for the tree trunk to get all up in there (they grow trees inside Kiva's. Mmmmhm I know.) and nurse my biodegradable beverage cup for ten and make delightfully mundane (occasionally cerebral) conversation with Dean. And no one's held up in the queue for that extra fifty-odd seconds while I describe my desired drink in painful detail. Everyone's happy. Because come on, everyone knows that no one wants to know what you're drinking. Not before 9 in the morning.
So right now I'm thinking renewable materials for at least half of the Lunar Gala lines (no point asking the Koreans but I'm almost positive the white kids will cave to some bullying and moralistic blackmail) and also...not relatedly, two things that are topmost on my Luxury WANT IT list: gypsy water and a flat skin carpet. Mmmm.
Doesn't the word pointillist remind you of the word pointless?
It's an incredibly stupid association, just plain dumb, but I kept cracking up at it when we were talking about technique with Prof. B today, geez God those were multiple oh fuck me moments right there.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home